Hydraulic Torque Wrench
What Is Hydraulic Torque Wrench?
Hydraulic torque wrenches are specially designed for applications that have space limitations or require high output torque, and are mainly used to tighten or remove large bolts. Mainly used in shipbuilding, petrochemical, construction, electric power, mining, metallurgy and other industries, hydraulic wrench is a very important torsion machine for installing and removing large bolts. It is easy to use and light in weight, and the torque provided is huge and precise. The maximum torque repeatability is approximately 3%.
Who Invented The Hydraulic Wrench?
The hydraulic torque wrench was first conceptualized in 1960 and was later invented by George Sturdevant in 1968. Later, engineers carefully studied the physical principles of bolt tightening devices, thereby improving the consistent and correct method of measuring and applying force. Together with the advancements in technology and usability made by tool manufacturers, the current hydraulic torque wrench was created.
How Does A Hydraulic Torque Wrench Work?
- The design of the hydraulic torque machine utilizes the huge leverage force generated by the hydraulic piston, and high-pressure hydraulic power is provided by a pneumatic or electric hydraulic pump.
- The hydraulic piston is connected to the ratchet by a reaction pawl assembly that allows it to engage with the ratchet teeth in advance mode to rotate the nut or bolt head, and then release during the retraction of the piston to re-engage to the next forward push position.
- All hydraulic wrenches work under a maximum hydraulic pressure of 700 bar, with double-acting heavy-duty hydraulic pistons, quick and easy to operate, and can be used to tighten or loosen nuts/bolts accurately.
- Generally speaking, hydraulic torque tools are mainly used for the installation and removal of bolts with a diameter greater than one inch. It is powered by hydraulic pressure and provides high torque. The maximum output torque of the torque equipment can reach 140,000Nm.
- The high torque hydraulic wrench is composed of a working head, a hydraulic pump and a high-pressure oil pipe. The hydraulic pump transmits power to the working head through the high-pressure oil pipe, and drives the working head to rotate to complete the tightening or loosening of the nut. The hydraulic torque pump can be driven by electricity or compressed air.
- The working head of the hydraulic wrench is mainly composed of three parts, the frame (also called the shell), the oil cylinder and the transmission parts.
- The oil cylinder outputs force, and the piston rod of the oil cylinder and the transmission part form a movement pair. The distance from the center of the cylinder to the center of the transmission component is the arm of the hydraulic wrench. The output of the cylinder multiplied by the arm is the theoretical output torque of the hydraulic wrench. Due to the friction resistance, the actual output torque of the hydraulic torque wrench is smaller than the theoretical output torque.
The Characteristics And Differences Of Square Drive Hydraulic Torque Wrenches And Low Profile Hydraulic Torque Wrenches:
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are generally divided into square drive hydraulic torque wrenches and low profile hydraulic torque wrenches.
- The square drive torque wrench has a protruding drive shaft and needs to be used with a standard socket. It is a general-purpose hydraulic wrench with light weight, high strength, super torsion strength, fast operation cycle, fine tooth pawl and floating piston design. Suitable for all applications, it has high reliability, good operation safety and long service life.
- TorcStark has a variety of square drive hydraulic wrenches, such as coaxial drive hydraulic torque wrench series, universal drive hydraulic torque wrench series and drive hydraulic wrench sockets.
- The hollow hydraulic torque wrench is directly sleeved on the bolt for tightening or disassembly. It is small in thickness, light in weight, and high in strength, and is especially suitable for working in places with relatively small space. The hollow hydraulic wrench is very good in reliability and safety. It is made of aviation aluminum-titanium alloy material, and the quality is beyond doubt.
- TorcStark produces various types of low profile torque wrenches, such as cassette type hydraulic torque wrench series, wheel type cassette drive type torque wrench series, split type drive type hydraulic torque wrench series, and special reducing sockets.
How To Correctly Use Hydraulic Torque Wrench For Beginners?
The correct use of hydraulic torque wrenches is divided into the following steps:
- Assemble And Connect Hydraulic Wrench Components
- The hydraulic torque wrench will be disassembled for transportation and must be assembled before it can be used. Connect the hose to the power pack and connect the other end to the hydraulic torque wrench. Then install a mobile handle on the side of the hydraulic torque wrench, and sometimes a reaction arm should also be installed. Tighten all fittings and make sure that all fittings are firmly connected.
- Setting Adjustment
- All best hydraulic torque wrenches have adjustable settings, and you can set specific torque values for specific items. If your project has a predetermined torque value, you should follow the steps below to set the torque. After determining the required torque, use the torque conversion table to determine the pressure required to achieve the torque.
- Connect the tool to the power source and turn on the pump.
- Press the advanced remote control button to display the pressure on the pressure gauge.
- To adjust the pressure, first loosen the nut that locks the pressure adjustment handle, then turn the handle clockwise to increase the pressure, and turn the handle counterclockwise to decrease the pressure. When reducing the pressure, always reduce the pressure below the required point, and then restore the pressure gauge to the required pressure.
- After reaching the required pressure, re-tighten the lock nut and turn the tool again to confirm that the required pressure setting has been obtained.
- If there is no recommended specific torque setting, start with the lowest setting and work on it, then gradually increase it, taking care not to overtighten any fasteners.
- When you need a reaction arm, follow the steps below :
- All TorcStark hydraulic torque wrenches are equipped with reaction arms. These reaction arms are used to absorb and counteract the forces generated during the operation of the device. The reaction arm should rotate in the same direction as the drive; however, it may be slightly adjusted to suit your specific application.
- The reaction arm can be placed in multiple positions within a 360° circle. However, to position the arm correctly, it must be placed in the 90° quadrant of the circle. This quadrant is the area between the protruding drive and the bottom of the housing away from the rotation inlet. Always face the lower half of the housing and one side of the housing when tightening, and on the other side of the housing when loosening.
- You Can Follow The Steps Below To Use A Hydraulic Torque Wrench(Bolting Tools)
- After connecting the hydro wrench to the hose, make sure the washers are properly aligned. A gasket is not always needed, but for some projects, it is essential. Press the two pipes together as much as possible (unless this is done mechanically), and then activate the hydraulic wrench. The pressure regulator should be loosened to make any final adjustments to the hydraulic torque wrench.
- At the same time, you need to be familiar with your own hydraulic torque wrench model to properly perform this adjustment. Activate hydraulic torque wrench to reach the correct torque. After this operation is completed, it will stop automatically, and you can loosen the torque wrench mechanism and remove it.
- The following are the specific steps for the general square drive hydraulic wrench, the operation of the low profile hydraulic wrench is the same.
- Place the socket on the square drive, insert the socket fixing ring and pin, then place the socket on the nut, and make sure that the socket and the nut are fully engaged.
- Place the reaction arm against an adjacent nut or other solid system component. Make sure there is a gap between the hose and the rotary joint. Do not allow the tool to react to the hose or rotary joint.
- After starting the pump and preset the pressure to the correct torque, press the remote push button to advance the piston assembly.
- When the wrench is started, the reaction surface of the wrench or reaction arm will move against the contact point and the nut will start to rotate. Once the piston reaches the end of its stroke, press the remote return button to retract the piston.
- Continue this forward and backward cycle operation until the nut no longer rotates and the pressure of the pump reaches the preset pressure. When the retract button is pressed, the piston rod will retract.
- Continue to cycle the tool until it “stops” and reaches the preset torque. Wait until the nut stops rotating to reach the total torque.
- Pay attention to the following matters when using hydraulic torque tools to prevent safety problems.
- Please be sure to carefully read all technical documents. This can help you solve a lot of problems.
- Before use, please familiarize yourself with the wrench at least 3 times in the full size range. This will help you identify whether the moving parts are suitable.
- Firmly hold the handle of the wrench, not the hose or other connections. When you apply the final torque, do not pull or push.
- Do not use cracked or worn sockets. Keep a good distance from the socket when in use to protect yourself in case they break. When using an electric pump, ensure a good grounding and a suitable power supply voltage.
- Exceeding the specified calibration range may damage your wrench and put you in danger. At least every year, your wrench should be calibrated and checked by a professional calibration laboratory. If the wrench is dropped, re-calibrate and check.
- If there is a possibility of air explosion in the environment of the workplace, electric hydraulic pumps should not be used, but pneumatic pumps should be used. If metal collisions produce sparks, precautions should be taken.
- When using a hydraulic spanner, a suitable reaction fulcrum is required. Rotate the drive shaft of the torque wrench to observe, look for the fixed surface, and select the fulcrum to ensure reliable support of the reaction arm and ensure that the hydraulic tubing is not affected. Increase the system pressure, if the hydraulic torque wrench jumps or shakes, stop and then readjust the reaction arm and fulcrum to make it stronger and safer.
- The remote control for pump operation is only for wrenches. The operator should not be too far away from the pump.
- The hydraulic torque spanner and wrench accessories that are not in use should be properly stored to avoid damage.
- Do not use small torque wrenches or hydraulic accessories to replace the work of hydraulic torque wrenches.
- When using manual/electric hydraulic equipment, you should wear protective clothing such as gloves, helmets, safety shoes, ear protection, and labor insurance. Jewelry should not be worn.
- Do not use hydraulic oil pipes, rotary joints, hydraulic power cords or external cables to drag the equipment. Do not bend or fold the oil pipe. Check the oil pipe frequently. If it is damaged, replace it.
- All tools have dust cover and side cover to isolate the internal moving parts from the external environment. The user should not disassemble the tool without a protective device.
- Make sure that all couplers are properly connected. Check the hydraulic tubing for tangles, make sure the drive shaft and cap are firm, and the joints are reliable. Ensure that all connectors, elbows, and rotary joints are not deformed or damaged.
- Why Use A Hydraulic Torque Spanner?
- According to relevant statistics, about 50% of equipment operation failures are caused by bolt problems, and the number of major equipment accidents caused by bolt problems is also very alarming. The high torque hydraulic wrench is a calibrated device that can accurately measure the torque required to tighten and achieve the required tightness, as well as the torque used to loosen, so that bolts can be loaded and unloaded perfectly.
- It is not easy to tighten or loosen the bolts with a manual torque wrench according to the application. It may take several hours to tighten the bolts manually. This makes bolt torquing tools or hydraulic wrenches an indispensable tool in many industries that require efficient tightening of bolts.
- The narrow space and inconvenient location during the operation make the size and weight of the wrench become the most important indicator.
- Hydraulic torque wrenches are ideal for heavy-duty bolt connections. Because hydraulic torque wrenches only generate torque hydraulically, this means that the user can tighten the bolts with very little effort.
- The hydraulic torque wrench has an automatic ratchet and precise torque output. Compared with the traditional impact wrench or manual torque wrench, its design is easier to use and has many additional benefits, such as quieter, lighter and more accurate. Importantly, industrial hydraulic torque wrenches are designed to prevent insufficient torque and excessive torque. We all know that insufficient torque and excessive torque can bring huge losses, and hydraulic torque wrenches can safely tighten large bolts and prevent disasters due to bolt problems.
- Therefore, the use of hydraulic torque wrenches will bring faster progress and safer operations to your business.
Application Of Hydraulic Torque Wrench
- Hydraulic wrenches have a wide range of applications and are suitable for electric power (nuclear power, wind power, hydropower, thermal power), ships, metallurgy, transportation, cement, construction, aviation, petrochemical, construction, mining and other industries. Hydraulic wrenches are very important torsion tools for installing and dismantling large bolts, such as the installation and bolt fastening of wind power towers and blades, the bolt fastening of subway rails, and the bolt fastening of large mining carts in mines.
- Because of the very strict requirements on the torque of bolt fixing and disassembly in the process of equipment installation, maintenance and repair, and manual operation is difficult to meet the requirements. Therefore, in most cases, hydraulic wrenches are the most ideal choice for fixing and disassembling bolts that require large torque.
Where To Buy Hydraulic Torque Wrenches?
- Before buying a best hydraulic torque wrench, you need to pay attention to some issues.
- Know the type of hydraulic torque wrench that your project requires. If the working space of the wrench is narrow, it is necessary to choose a hollow hydraulic torque wrench, and a set of special reducing sleeves for love clearance hydraulic torque wrenches are required to adapt to bolts of different diameters.
- Understand whether you are a heavy user or a temporary user of hydraulic torque wrenches, whether you need multi-function or general versatility, what size and maximum torque output, whether the material is steel or aluminum titanium alloy, which hydraulic torque wrench accessories you need, such as sockets, spare wrenches, Different sizes of reaction arms, safety handles, reducers, etc.
- Buying a hydraulic torque wrench from TorcStark is a very good choice. You can tell our product experts about your needs or your business by email, and then we will provide you with the best product portfolio or customize it for you.
- TorcStark is top hydraulic torque wrench manufacturer. Our hydraulic torque wrench is made of aluminum-titanium alloy, which is light in weight and high in strength. Torcstark hydraulic wrenches have a complete range of categories and specifications, and the maximum torque can reach 150,000Nm. We have a complete supporting system supply capacity, and have passed CE, ISO9001 and other certifications.
- Therefore, buying a hydraulic torque wrench from TorcStark is a very good choice. If you are looking for a hydraulic torque wrench with good quality and good price, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hydraulic Bolt Tensioner
What Is A Bolt Tensioner?
Bolt tensioner is a bolt pre-tightening and disassembly tool. It is like a ring jack installed on bolts and nuts. With the help of hydraulic power provided by tensioner pumps, the bolts are stretched in the elastic deformation zone according to the allowable elasticity of the material to achieve the purpose of tightening or removing the bolts. The biggest advantage of the hydraulic bolt tensioner is that multiple bolts can be fastened and disassembled at the same time. The distribution force is even. It is a safe, efficient and fast tool, and it is the best way to fasten and disassemble bolts of various specifications. Generally speaking, hydraulic bolt tensioners are also called bolt tensioners, hydraulic tensioners, and Bolt stretcher and so on.
How Does A Bolt Tensioner Work?
- The thread friction between the nut and the washer consumes more than 80% of the torque energy on the nut or bolt, leaving less than 20% of the energy to produce effective tension on the bolt shank.
- This change in friction loss, from one bolt to another, causes uneven tension on the bolts, so a bolt tensioning tools has appeared to solve this problem.
- The bolt tensioner is generally composed of a hydraulic tensioner pump, a high-pressure hose, a pressure gauge and a stretching body. The hydraulic tensioner pump is the power source, the pressure gauge reflects the output pressure of the pump, and the high-pressure hose is connected to the hydraulic tensioner pump and the stretching body.
- Stretching body is an executive element that realizes bolt stretching. It is mainly composed of a piston cylinder, a piston, a supporting bridge and a tension nut.
- When working, the high-pressure oil output by the power source is delivered to the piston cylinder through the high-pressure hose, and the piston in the piston cylinder moves upward under pressure, driving the tension nut to move upward.
- The tension nut is threadedly connected with the working bolt. With the extension tension generated by the hydraulic source provided by the ultra-high pressure oil pump, and the extension force determined by the material’s tensile strength, yield coefficient and elongation rate, the hydraulic tensioner exerts force on the bolt to elongate it in the elastic deformation zone.
- At this time, the bolt diameter is slightly deformed, the working bolt is elongated, the bolt elongation reaches the required deformation, and the deformation is controlled within the elastic deformation range, and the pre-tightening or disassembly operation can be carried out. Finally, return the working bolt to its original shape by hydraulic or mechanical return.
- The hydraulic bolt tensioner is like a ring jack mounted on bolts and nuts. The jack pushes the bolt connection and pulls the end of the bolt. The diameter of the bolt must be at least one longer to accommodate the bolt tensioning tool.
- Since the force generated by the jack directly acts on the end of the bolt, a tension equal to the load generated by the jack is generated in the bolt shank.
- In the case of tension applied by the jack, the nut can be rotated with zero torque until it is tightened.
- Then the load applied by the jack is relaxed, and is retained in the bolt shank according to the high percentage of bolt length and diameter, so as to realize the pre-tightening or disassembly of the bolt.
Classification & Difference
The characteristics and differences of hydraulic bolt tensioners :
- Generally speaking, there are four main types of hydraulic tensioners: common general type, interchangeable tensioner head type, single-stage reset type and dual-stage reset type. The working pressure of these four hydraulic tensioners is 150Mpa.
- The ordinary type is suitable for the stretching of single specification bolts. It is light in weight, high in precision, small in size and compact in structure;
- Interchangeable tensioner heads have strong versatility, which can be applied to bolts of multiple specifications by replacing the tensioner heads;
- Single-stage reset type piston automatic reset design, suitable for frequent use;
- The design of double-pole reset type double oil cylinder is suitable for working conditions with narrow space.
- In TorcStark®, there are four main types of hydraulic bolt tensioners sold.
- HLD series single-stage bolt tensioner. It is characterized by small size, light weight and easy replacement of tie rods and is mainly used in the wind power industry.
- DLD series simple bolt tensioner. It is a mechanical reset design with over-stroke warning indicator line.
- TSD Series single-stage bolt tensioner. It is designed with automatic return stroke, which adapts to bolts of different specifications.
- MSD Series multi-stage bolt tensioner. Its characteristic is to be used for 10.9 grade high-strength bolts, such as the wind power industry. Three-level security protection, automatic return.
- The hydraulic bolt tensioner provided by TorcStark® can almost adapt to the engineering needs of the entire industry, so buying a bolt tensioner from TorcStark® will be a good choice!
How To Use Bolt Tensioner Correctly For Beginners
- Evaluate the bolt diameter, nut size, bolt grade, washer thickness, washer diameter, free bolt protrusion length and bolt load, and then check the technical specifications of the hydraulic bolt tensioner to ensure that it provides the appropriate hydraulic pressure to achieve the required preload rate.
- Screw the round nut into the bolt, and insert the toggle handle into the toggle hole until it is firm.
- Insert the support seat of the hydraulic tensioning tool to cover the round nut.
- Screw the hydraulic tensioner into the bolt, and use the toggle handle to tighten the tensioning head until there is basically no gap between the parts.
- After installation, insert the quick connector of the high-pressure oil pipe connected to the ultra-high pressure oil pump into the quick connector on the hydraulic bolt tightening machine.
- Operate the ultra-high pressure oil pump, input high-pressure oil to the hydraulic tensioner cylinder, the piston starts to work, and the bolt stretcher enters the working state. At this time, pay attention to the working pressure of the ultra-high pressure oil pump and the stretching length of the hydraulic tensioner. Control within the set range.
- When the working pressure and stretching length of the bolt tensioner reach the rated value, the ultra-high pressure oil pump should stop working immediately, insert the toggle handle into the round nut toggle hole, and turn the round nut clockwise to firm it in place.
- During use, if the elongation needs to be increased due to the process requirements, after the round nut is tightened in place, the ultra-high pressure oil pump should be relieved according to the operating procedure, and then the toggle handle is inserted into the piston of the hydraulic tensioner. Move the hole and move the handle to reset the piston. Then operate according to the above method until the process requirements are met.
- After the bolt tensioner is finished working, the ultra-high pressure pump is first relieved and then disassembled. There are two disassembly methods, which can be selected according to the working environment:
- Move the extension head with the toggle handle, first drain the hydraulic oil in the oil cylinder to the ultra-high pressure oil pump, reset the piston, and then disconnect the quick connector connected with the high-pressure oil pipe, and unscrew the bolt of the hydraulic stud tensioner. Take out the support seat and end the entire stretching process.
- Disconnect the quick connector connected with the high-pressure oil pipe, first unscrew the bolt of the hydraulic tensioner, take out the support seat, loosen the screw on the end of the piston with an Allen wrench, and then clamp the tensioner straight in the middle of the vise , Slowly move the screw rod to drain the hydraulic oil stored in the cylinder until the piston is fully reset.
- Large bolt tensioners are ultra-high pressure products and should be used correctly, otherwise the expected results will not be achieved, and danger may even occur.
- The operation must be carried out in strict accordance with the methods and procedures required by the manual, and the input working pressure and stretching length of the long bolt tensioner must not be increased at will to avoid damage to the sealing ring and related parts.
- The oil pressure must be calculated before use to avoid excessive working pressure that exceeds the bearing capacity of the bolt, causing plastic deformation of the bolt and destroying the bolt. The tensile force generated by the bolt tensioner is equal to the product of the output pressure of the power source and the effective area of the piston. Therefore, the allowable stress can be calculated according to the strength grade of the bolt used, and the output pressure of the pump can be reversed. Ensure that the deformation of the bolt is within the elastic degeneration, and complete the work without damaging the bolt.
- During the pressurization process, pressurize as evenly as possible. Every time a certain pressure is increased, the pressure shall be stabilized and then increased to avoid excessive impact tension and affect the pre-tightening effect of the bolt.
- In the stretching process, pay attention to the maximum design stroke of the tensioner. If the maximum stroke is exceeded, the seals may be damaged, or a safety accident may even occur. Generally, the tensioner has a maximum stroke warning line, and users are required to pay attention to the maximum stroke at any time during use.
- When using the tensioner to remove the bolt, after the tension nut is tightened, loosen about 3/4 turn to avoid tensioning the tension nut on the piston when the bolt is elastically reset. When the bolt is pre-tightened, there is no such problem. This part of the force is mainly borne by the working nut instead of the tension nut.
- When pre-tightening multiple bolts step by step, in order to reduce the mutual influence of the bolts pre-tightened in different steps, the order of bolt pre-tightening and the tensile force should be reasonably arranged. Generally, the order should be arranged according to the principle of symmetry. For example, when a single tensioner is used to pre-tighten the flange with 8 bolts, the tension control of each step is more complicated, because the bolts that are pre-tightened later on the flange must have an effect on the bolts that are pre-tightened first.
- After finishing the work, it should be wiped clean and kept properly, especially the oil inlet should be wiped clean to prevent dust from entering the oil inlet to damage the cylinder and piston.
- When replacing the O-ring and supporting ring, pay attention to the coincidence to ensure the sealing effect.
Why Use A Hydraulic Bolt Tensioner?
- There are many benefits of using bolt tensioners. Compared with hydraulic torque wrenches, hydraulic bolt tensioners are better in some aspects.
- Bolt connection is one of the key elements that affect the integrity and reliability of the project. If you do not use advanced tool technology, bolted connections will pose a serious hand safety threat, and due to disassembly speed and reliability issues, your engineering plan may be greatly changed.
- Bolt tensioning technology provides the highest level of accuracy, productivity and safety for critical connections in the energy industry.
- In order to provide a leak-free bolt assembly, you must apply the correct amount of compressive load to the sealing surface or gasket. Tensioning is the best way to transfer this load because it is accurate, fast and safe.
- Accurate: Because the tensioning provides the reliability needed to transfer precise bolt loads to the joint. Multiple bolt tensioning tools are evenly distributed around the joint, causing the gasket to flow into the flange surface irregularly, providing a better seal.
- Fast speed: Because bolt tensioning can eliminate crosstalk compared with bolt torsion, and provide bolt load and washer compression on the entire joint at the same time.
- Tensioning also greatly reduces the possibility of threaded fastener wear, helping you avoid potential delays and rework.
- Safety: Because the tensioner is a hands-free technology, it can minimize work-related accidents.
- In short, it helps to ensure that your operations are leak-free: it saves you time and money, but the most important thing is to ensure the safety of your employees.
- The Following Is A Summary Of Other Advantages Of Bolt Tensioners:
- Generally, mineral oil is used as the working medium, the relative moving surface can be lubricated by itself, and the service life is long.
- Light weight, small size, small movement inertia and fast reaction speed.
- Various components of hydraulic transmission can be conveniently and flexibly arranged according to needs.
- The overload protection can be realized automatically.
- Convenient operation and control, and multiple bolts can be tightened at the same time. Save labor costs.
- It is easy to realize linear motion.
- It is easy to realize the automation of the machine. When the electro-hydraulic joint control is adopted, not only a higher degree of automatic control process can be realized, but also a remote control can be realized.
- It can be used as a device for hydraulic interference connection to apply axial force for top pressure installation
- It can eliminate torsional load;
- High accuracy;
- Greatly increase the quality and safety performance of bolt connections;
- Will not damage flanges and other components;
- There is no need to consider the influence of friction coefficient;
- Suitable for bolts of different diameters;
- It is easy to disassemble;
- Strong versatility;
Application Of Hydraulic Bolt Stretcher
- It can be widely used in metallurgical mining, petrochemical industry, shipbuilding industry, power system, rolling stock, heavy machinery, railway, aerospace, and other industries.
- Especially in the work environment with serious pollution or limited space area, hydraulic bolt stretcher is difficult to replace by any other tools, and it is the ideal equipment for the assembly of large and medium-sized mechanical products and equipment maintenance.
- According to different working conditions, application conditions and user requirements, special hydraulic bolt tensioners can be customized.
Where To Buy Bolt Tensioners?
- Before choosing to buy a hydraulic bolt tensioner, you need to pay attention to some issues:
- Bolt diameter.
- The protruding length of the free stud.
- Nut size.
- Washer thickness and diameter.
- Bolt grade.
- Bolt load requirements.
- Fortunately, bolt tools come in various shapes and sizes.
- You need to understand most of the above data to choose the right hydraulic tensioning, which will be a troublesome thing for you.
- Therefore, buying a hydraulic bolt tensioner from TorcStark is a very good choice. You can tell our product experts about your needs or your business by email, and we will provide you with the best product portfolio or customize it for you.
- You will receive our hydraulic bolt tensioner’s technical parameters and the best quotation, as well as the most optimized plan for your project. In this way, you will save a lot of time in the purchase process and focus on your project.
- TorcStark’s hydraulic bolt tensioner uses aluminum-titanium alloy material, which is light in weight, easy to use, efficient, and accurate in pressure output.
- Various types of hydraulic bolt tensioners have complete specifications and are suitable for all walks of life.
- TorcStark also has a complete system of supporting supply capabilities, and has passed the European Union CE, ISO9001 and other quality certifications.
- TorcStark is top bolt tensioner manufacturer. If you are looking for a hydraulic bolt tensioner with good quality and low price, please contact us by email email@example.com .
Hydraulic Torque/Tensioner Pump
What Is Hydraulic Torque/Tensioner Pump?
- Hydraulic torque pump is the power unit of a hydraulic wrench. Hydraulic tensioner pump is the power unit of a bolt tensioner. It is an energy conversion device that converts mechanical energy into fluid pressure energy, and is an energy device that provides pressure oil to the hydraulic transmission system. It is driven by the engine (internal combustion engine) or electric motor, sucks in the oil from the hydraulic oil tank, forms the pressure oil and discharges it, and sends it to the actuator. Hydraulic torque pump is the power source of hydraulic torque wrench or bolt tensioner.
How Does A Torque/Tensioner Pump Work?
- The working principle of a hydraulic pump is that movement changes the pump cavity, thereby compressing the fluid and making the fluid have pressure energy. The necessary condition is that the pump cavity has a sealed volume change.
- Hydraulic torque/tensioner machine is a kind of hydraulic component that provides pressurized liquid for hydraulic transmission. It is a kind of pump.
- It converts the mechanical energy of power machines (such as electric motors and internal combustion engines) into pressure energy of liquids.
- Its cam is driven by a motor to rotate. When the cam pushes the plunger upwards, the seal volume formed by the plunger and the cylinder body is reduced, and the oil is squeezed out of the seal volume and discharged to the place where it is needed through the one-way valve.
- When the cam rotates to the lower part of the curve, the spring forces the plunger down to form a certain degree of vacuum, and the oil in the oil tank enters the sealed volume under the action of atmospheric pressure.
- The cam causes the plunger to rise and fall continuously, the sealing volume periodically decreases and increases, and the pump continuously sucks and discharges oil.